Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

Billy Graham: God's Mug Shot

DEAR BILLY GRAHAM: What does God look like? My sister tried to draw a picture of God once, but my parents said they weren’t sure if she got it right. She made him look kind of like the sun. I am 9 years old. — Z.H.
You have to love kids sometimes. Nine years old and what is the pressing matter that ZH writes in to the newspaper about? 'Is my sister's drawing of God accurate?' The funny thing is that his sister did kind of get it right though, so long as she was trying to draw one of the many solar deities.
DEAR H.N.: God isn’t like anything we will ever see around us, because he doesn’t have a physical body or a physical nature. Instead, God is a spiritual being, and he is everywhere. (This is one reason the Bible commands us not to make idols.) Jesus said, “God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth” (John 4:24).
So wait... is the kid ZH or HN? Also has Billy ever read his own Bible? Because some of what he just said is contradicted by his very own holy book. For example, Genesis 1:26-27...
Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground. So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
But here's the thing. If God doesn't have a physical form, then there was no 'image' for him to fashion mankind after. Also what about when God shows himself to Moses in Exodus 33:18-23?
And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock: And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.
So according to this not only does God have a form and a face, but he also set it up to moon Moses in some sort of divine peep show.

And on the idols bit... That was actually more about worshiping other gods. But Christianity pissed all over that commandment anyway what with every church being filled with statues of Jesus, Mary, saints, etc...
Does this mean we can’t know anything about God, since we can’t see him? No, not at all. God made us, and he loves us and wants us to know what he is like.
How the Bible says he's like, or how the evidence says he's like? Because the Bible shows him to be a murderous, genocidal, sadistic, egomaniac. And the evidence simply shows no trace of his existence at all. 

So was this little boy's sister's drawing accurate? No. In fact her drawing was already more accurate before she ever started. That blank page was already a perfect representation of God. This is because the absence of the drawing perfectly mirrors the high likelihood that he doesn't exist. Likewise, the second pencil meets paper she, like people throughout history, started creating her own god. All gods are human creations that have traits given to them by their creators. Just like we create the drawing, we have also created our gods.


-Brain Hulk

Please share, subscribe, comment and follow us on your favorite social networking sites!
facebook google+ | twitter

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/billy-graham/article22597176.html#storylink=cpy


Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/billy-graham/article22597176.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/billy-graham/article22597176.html#storylink=cpy

No comments:

Post a Comment